James "Jimmy" Palmiotti (born August 14, 1961) is an American writer and inker of comic books, who also does writing for games, television and film.
Palmiotti started at Marvel Comics in 1991, inking titles such as the Punisher, Ghost Rider, The Nam and the Marvel 2099 line, Palmiotti has accumulated extensive inking and writing credits and has often inked the work of his friend and collaborator Joe Quesada, notably on Ash (which they co-created, along with Painkiller Jane) and Daredevil (esp. the 'Guardian Devil' arc penned by Kevin Smith). He also worked for Dark Horse Comics, as the inker during the Doug Mahnke run on X. He inked Paul Gulacy on Shang-Chi: Master of Kung Fu, Punisher and Catwoman. He inked Steve Dillon on Punisher, as well as Brad Walker's pencil's on the DC Comics miniseries Secret Six - Six Degrees of Separation.
In 1994, he and Quesada formed a publishing company, Event Comics, and co-created Ash, a firefighter with superpowers, Painkiller Jane, a female cop with healing powers, Kid Death and Fluffy, about a boy and his pet robot dog and 22 Brides, about a group of girls that run the New York underworld. . In 1998, Event Comics was contracted to do several books for Marvel Comics, dubbed Marvel Knights.
As a writer, Palmiotti is known for Deadpool, Daughters of the Dragon, the punisher, Heroes for Hire and Shanna the She-Devil for Marvel Comics, Hawkman, Superboy and The Monolith for DC Comics, as well as 21 Down, The Resistance and The Twilight Experiment for their Wildstorm imprint (often in tandem with fellow writer Justin Gray). Palmiotti also co-scripted, with Garth Ennis, a Ghost Rider video game that ties in with the movie. He has also penned Supergirl #12, the two Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters miniseries and an arc for Superman Confidential. Palmiotti and Gray were also part of the writing team for DC's Countdown. Currently, along with Gray, Palmiotti is writing the monthly Jonah Hex and Freedom Fighters for DC Comics, as well as the miniseries Time Bomb for Radical Publishing.
Palmiotti has also worked on Beautiful Killer, Gatecrasher, Tempest, Civil Warrior and has currently being shopped Death Troupe and Triggergirl 6. Palmiotti recently co-wrote with Justin Gray The Hills Have Eyes: The Beginning for Fox Atomic Comics.
He worked on the Painkiller Jane series for the Sci-Fi Channel starring Kristanna Loken. This was a one hour, 22 episode show. There was also a two hour Painkiller Jane movie done for Sci-Fi as well. In the past he has written and storyboarded films for Hooptown for Nike. They featured LeBron James and Vince Carter.
He is also known as an editor for many projects and books with companies ranging from Marvel comics, Fox Atomic, Blackbull Comics and Kickstart Comics. He is also a partner in two comicbook companies. Blackbull comics, Event comics and a partner of Paperfilms inc.
Palmiotti is married to frequent collaborator Amanda Conner.
- Palmiotti at the New York Comic Convention in Manhattan, October 10, 2010.
- Comics work (scripting unless specified) include:
- The Pro (inks, written by Garth Ennis, penciled by Amanda Conner, graphic novel, Image Comics, 2002)
- The Resistance (with co-author Justin Gray and art by Juan Santacruz, 8-issue limited series, Wildstorm, November 2002 - June 2003, tpb, 192 pages, IDW Publishing, April 2009, ISBN 1-6001-0407-X)
- 21 Down (with co-author Justin Gray and art by Jesus Saiz, 12-issue limited series, Wildstorm, November 2002 - November 2003, tpb collects #1-7, 176 pages, November 2003, ISBN 1-4012-0120-2)
- Cloudburst (with co-author Justin Gray and art by Eliseu Gouveia/Christopher Shy, 64 page graphic novel, Image Comics, January 2004)
- Monolith (with co-author Justin Gray and art by Phil Winslade, 12-issue limited series, DC Comics, April 2004 - March 2005)
- Jonah Hex (with Justin Gray, ongoing series, DC Comics, January 2006 - August 2011) collected as:
- Face Full of Violence (with art by Luke Ross, and Tony DeZuniga, 144 pages, collects Jonah Hex #1-6, Titan Books, December 2006, ISBN 1-84576-408-0, DC, September 2006, ISBN 1-4012-1095-3)
- Guns of Vengeance (with art by Luke Ross, Dylan Teague, Tony Dezuniga, Phil Noto, David Michael Beck, Paul Gulacy, Jimmy Palmiotti, Giuseppe Camuncoli, and Art Thibert, 144 pages, collects Jonah Hex #7-12, April 2007, ISBN 1-4012-1249-2)
- Origins (with art by Jordi Bernet, Phil Noto, and Val Semeiks, 144 pages, collects Jonah Hex #13-18, November 2007, ISBN 1-4012-1490-6)
- Only the Good Die Young (with art by Jordi Bernet, Phil Noto, and David Michael Beck, 144 pages, collects Jonah Hex #19-24, April 2008, ISBN 1-4012-1689-7)
- Luck Runs Out (with art by Russ Heath, Giuseppe Camuncoli, Jordi Bernet, John Higgins, Stefano Landini, and Rafa Garres, 144 pages, collects Jonah Hex #25-30, October 2008, ISBN 1-4012-1960-4)
- Bullets Don't Lie (with art by Darwyn Cooke, J. H. Williams III, Jordi Bernet, Rafa Garres, Paulo Siqueira, and Mark Sparacio, 144 pages, collects Jonah Hex #31-36, April 2009, ISBN 1-4012-2157-7)
- Lead Poisoning (with art by Jordi Bernet and David Michael Beck, 144 pages, collects Jonah Hex #37-42, October 2009, ISBN 1-4012-2485-1)
- Six Gun War (with art by Cristiana Cucina, 144 pages, collects Jonah Hex #44-49, April 2010, ISBN 1-4012-2587-X)
- Counting Corpses (with art by Darwyn Cooke, Dick Giordano, Jordi Bernet, Paul Gulacy and Billy Tucci, 160 pages; collects Jonah Hex #43 and 50-54, October 2010, ISBN 1-4012-2899-2)
- Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters (with co-author Justin Gray, 8-issue limited series, DC Comics, September 2006 - April 2007, tpb, July 2007, ISBN 1-4012-1336-7)
- Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters: Brave New World (with co-author Justin Gray, 8-issue limited series, DC Comics, November 2007 - June 2008, tpb, September 2008, ISBN 1-4012-1954-3)
- The Hills Have Eyes: The Beginning (with co-author Justin Gray and art by John Higgins, graphic novel, Fox Atomic Comics, 2007, ISBN 978-0061243547)
- Back to Brooklyn (with co-author Garth Ennis and art by Mihailo Vukelic, 5-issue limited series, Image Comics, September 2008 - May 2009, tpb, 128 pages, July 2009, ISBN 1-6070-6060-4)
- Terra (with co-author Justin Gray and art by Amanda Conner, 4-issue miniseries, DC Comics, January-February 2009, collected as Terra with Supergirl #12, 128 pages, December 2009, ISBN 1-4012-2510-1)
- Power Girl (with co-author Justin Gray and art by Amanda Conner, ongoing series, DC Comics, July 2009 - May 2010) collected as:
- Volume 1: Power Girl: A New Beginning (April 2010, ISBN 1-4012-2618-3)
- Volume 2: Aliens & Apes (October 2010, ISBN 1-4012-2910-7)
- The Last Resort (with co-author Justin Gray and art by Giancarlo Caracuzzo, 120 page graphic novel, IDW Publishing, March 2010, ISBN 1-6001-0615-3)
- Random Acts of Violence (with co-author Justin Gray and art by Giancarlo Caracuzzo, 72 page graphic novel, Image Comics, April 2010, ISBN 1-6070-6264-X)
- Jonah Hex: No Way Back (written by Justin Gray and Jimmy Palmiotti and art by Tony DeZuniga, 136 page graphic novel, DC Comics, June 2010, ISBN 1-4012-2550-0)
- Painkiller Jane: The Series for the SCI-FI channel and Starz. Creator, writer and script consultant on 22 1 hour episodes.
- Dead Space: The Movie: script writer with Justin Gray for E.A. Games and Starz.
- Speed Racer: The Next Generation: The Beginning. Pilot movie DVD, 2008. Writer with Justin Gray for Lions Gate Entertainment and the Animation Collective.
- Superhero Squad: Planet hulk. Script for animated show. Marvel Comics. Disney entertainment.
- Repo Men: script for two original webisodes. Universal Studios.
- Hooptown: short webisodes featuring Vince Carter and LeBron James. screenwriter and storyboard artist. Client: Nike
Follow Jimmy :
Original Article on Wikipedia